“Whenever somebody came to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with complaints of headache, he directed him to undergo cupping and whosoever complained of pain in legs, was advised to apply Henna.” (Bukhari, Abu Dawood)
(HEALING AILMENTS)(1) Henna contains very good healing properties. If Mehndi leaves are soaked in water throughout the night and this decanted water, if taken in morning for 40 days, is effective healing Jaundice and Splenomegaly (Enlarged Spleen). Also in leprosy and healing the wounds; there is medicine in the leaves.
- Expulsion of fluids from the wounds.
- Cessation of production of any more fluids.
- Formation of healthy flesh (granulation tissue) to fill the gap.
(2) Hafiz Ibu al Qayyim in the light of his experiences describes it a good healing agent for
- All ulcers of tongue, cheeks, and lips.
- Its local application has soothing effects on acute inflammations
- Hot abscesses.
(3)Henna levels extract in oil mixed with natural wax and oil of rose, if applied locally in conditions of backache, is highly effective.
(4) It is a clinically tested fact that if Mehndi leaves paste is applied on the soles of the patients of small pox and chicken pox, the eyes remain unaffected with the disease and besides become dry very soon.
(5)Dry leaves of Henna if kept in clothes, serve the purpose of insect repellent.
(6) If the paste of Henna is applied on...
- Nails, the luster of the nails increases.
- Feet and soles, Henna is effective in burning feet syndrome.
- If the nails become disfigured after getting fungal infection, it is advisable to use henna with vinegar to restore it to normality .
- The paste of Henna is very effective in burns and scalds. It heals the boils of scalp if applied with Roghan-e-Zaitoon (Olive Oil)
- Oil prepared from olive oil and leaves of Henna is very much effective in muscular rigidity.
(7) Henna Gives Hair a more polished look.