Most times this can be seen with Uncontrolled Hypertension and Diabetes, It can also be a result of Certain Drugs, Arthritis, IgA Nephropathy (Berger's Disease), Certain Cancers, Lupus, Sickle Cell, and a list of other illnesses.
With this ailment you have to be very careful and act fast. There may not be any symptoms, but sometimes you can have edema (swelling), foamy urine, diminished appetite, etc... If you fear this is an issue for you, the best thing to do is to have a urinalysis.
(1) Try and find the root cause
(2) Change your diet accordingly
(3) Detox, Flush, and Cleanse Your system
(4) Stay on top of your blood work
(5) Try and keep your illness/es controlled... (nutrition, exercise, spirit)